If you are interested in eliminating unhelpful negative emotions, live more effectively, attain your true goals, and are willing to do some work to that end, this site might be just your ticket!
Here you will find all the information you need to successfully apply Rational Self Counseling to your life. I recommend the following steps:
- Check out the A Brief Introduction to RSC page and decide if you like what you see.
- Go through the Basic RSC Course in the Rational Self Counseling link to learn the essentials. (Make sure you do the exercises and Contact Me if you have questions.)
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Browse the blog posts that interest you, found on the right of this page.
- Browse the Additional Resources page for related sites and materials you may find helpful.
- Again, Contact Me for any and all questions you may have at any step. I’m here to help you be successful in using Rational Self Counseling!
How you will benefit from RSC
The good news is that unless you are very unusual, many of your negative feelings and self-defeating behaviors are unnecessary and are caused by faulty thinking and deeply held but unhelpful beliefs (what RSC terms “irrational” thinking). By becoming aware of your irrational thinking and changing it, your feelings will improve, often dramatically.
How you’ll learn RSC on this site
I will make every effort to help you learn and use RSC effectively. The first step might be to read the Brief Introduction to RSC or, if you want to dive right in, begin the Basic RSC Course, both under the Rational Self Counseling link in the menu. As you go through the course, be sure to do the exercises suggested. At any time, you can use the Contact Me page to send me a question or suggestion. I will be glad to answer. Use the Additional Resources page for more help. Think of the Basic Course as providing you with the fundamentals of the method – everything you need to apply RSC. But learning ot use RSC effectively is like any other learning endeavor; it takes some effort and perseverance and often assistance such as I promise to provide. Therefore I will push you to learn as actively as possible; you may benefit from just reading but to get the most from RSC you will need to practice it. If you and enough others want, we will include group work, which really accelerates your progress.
I won’t let you struggle on your own but will provide personal feedback on your work to accelerate your progress. You will not be “made” to do anything but the more you engage and follow my suggestions, the more you will benefit from RSC. All your communication to me will be held in strict confidence.
What materials this site provides for you
I suggest you study the materials of the course in this order:
- A Brief Introduction to RSC
- The Basic RSC Course
- The RSC Key Concepts
- Going Deeper
- At any time, the Discussion Blog
- Don’t forget to Contact Me if you have any questions
So have a look around and get ready live and happier and less disturbed life!